Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Hannah's dedication and Mother's Day

It was a happy Mother's Day for me (Anna), with Baby Hannah just 4 days old.
Here we are several weeks later, on Father's Day. Our pastor, Derald Hunt, is praying the dedication prayer for our seventh baby, Hannah Grace Lucas. We thought it was special to have our last baby dedicated on Father's Day. Jonathan is a very blessed father, with a quiver full and overflowing with children. They are God's reward, His Word says.

Grandma and Grandpa Lucas joined our family up front for the dedication.


As you can see, it was Carrie who was holding the baby for the first part of the dedication. That was because we sang first, and she was holding her for the song while I played the autoharp and Jonathan held little Danny.

We sang "I Believe" as a family before the dedication ceremony. Anna had written the second verse for it a couple years ago when her little neice, Jennelle Barth, was having to have surgery for a hole in her heart. If it weren't for faith in God and good, and the belief that everything works for good to those who love God, how would we ever make it through the ups and downs, the unexpected, and the troubles of life? We thought that second verse was very appropriate for the dedication of our seventh baby, who was very much a surprise baby. We know that God has a purpose for her life. The words we sang were:
"I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows.
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come to show the way.
I believe, I believe.
I believe above the storm the smallest prayer will still be heard.
I believe that someone in the great somewhere hears every word.
Every time I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky,
Then I know why -- I believe!
I believe that every baby boy or girl by God is planned.
I believe that every child may make the choice to hold God's hand.
I believe the heavenly Father sent His Son to die for them, for every one.
I believe, I believe.
I believe for every baby born today an angel cares.
I believe that though their lives are touched by pain, God answers prayers.
Every time I see the devil lay his claim
And they are victors through Christ's name,
Then I know why--I believe! I BELIEVE!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...