Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Middle of the Work Day at Garden of the Gods

You will hear more about our work day in the next post. Here we are taking a lunch break, with leftovers from the Mexican meal we had last night, after stopping at Jonathan's folks to warm up the food! Jonathan kept walking at Garden of the Gods till we found a path down to this dried up gully, where we could sit on rocks and eat a picnic.
This is the path we climbed down and up to our picnic spot.
Few people see this side of Jonathan very often, (below) but let me tell you, it is just a peek into his other side that I get to see. I am not going to take all the credit for this my favorite photo of the whole batch taken the last couple days. Just up to the right of our heads is a rock formation called "Kissing Camels" in Garden of the Gods. Don't ask me whose idea it was for this picture, because I don't remember. The camera took the picture all by itself. Now I will let you chew on how it did that.

Here below is a closeup of "Kissing Camels."
No, sorry, you don't get a closeup of the kissing couple.

I wanted another picture of the beautiful scenery around us, so here it is, while Jonathan is digging around in the back of his truck, with the usual hopelessness, for a drink of Sobe. (He quit Mt. Dew a long time ago.) And no, he couldn't find the Sobe, even though there were several bottles. It was his messy truck's fault.

Goodbye, Garden of the Gods, and back to work, Jonathan and Anna!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...