Sammy is arriving into sight in the very middle of the photo on the coaster, new this summer at the Breckenridge fun park. Jonathan decided to treat the children to a day of rides for all their hard work this summer, especially for holding the fort for us different times when we needed to get away. This was one of our favorite rides. You could go REALLY fast and know you were safe, strapped into the cart that is fastened safely to the coaster.
If you look very carefully, you can see the mom of this crew coming down to the end of the coaster ride! I didn't have a lot of energy, but I did manage a couple alpine slide rides, and two of these coaster rides, plus two more with Jonathan! You can fit two people on these carts. It was fun being pulled up the mountain in the carts on a cable, and then coasting VERY FAST back down the mountainside. I was a little dizzy after Jonathan coasted us down, and he didn't even let it go quite as fast as he could have. There are controls so you can control the speed.
As for me, when I came down the other alpine slide, I came rather slowly, enjoying the daisies and chipmunk and just the peace and quiet. The second time I came down faster just because you are supposed to do it fast. I decided I liked it more slowly. I am allowed to like something different than others. I am allowed to go slowly. I am allowed to be me. And you are allowed to be you, too.
Hannah wasn't old enough for any of the rides, but she was allowed to ride the chairlift up the mountain to nearly the top where we took a short hike through pines and alpine meadows. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the day. Jonathan got this picture of the ones of us who went up. Those alpine meadows were full of different colors of flowers.
Hannah loved playing in the water here at the "Pan for Gold" spot. A bag of dirt is poured into the screening pan, and the children wash the dirt out in the water. In the dirt are found several little "gemstones." Danny is inspecting what kind he got. All these activities were included in the day pass. I may be able to get more pictures posted later, from Jonathan's camera.
Thanks for blogging!! I really enjoyed all the pictures--scenery and family pics from your fun mountain adventures.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you got to do it together. Someday some of your children are going to be gone from home and these memories of doing things all together will be treasures!
ReplyDelete