Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Paint for our House

Sam is moving furniture around and taking down the lights from the ceiling in preparation for painting our house this week.


Our little monkey perching on the entertainment center in the middle of the livingroom, eating--what do you suppose?


All the children were such willing helpers. Here they are helping to tape plastic up over the cupboards in the kitchen. That first day, I cooked a pot of beans and another pot of sloppy joes on the woodstove, because the kitchen stove was covered with plastic! What adventure!


Timmy taping.


I only managed to get this one picture of one of Jonathan's work guys taping off the wallpaper border while the other is rolling paint with a long-handled roller onto our ceiling. As you can see, things were not exactly picture perfect!! I fled to my room every once in a while to be quiet and preserve my sanity. We were so grateful for the three guys' help in painting. All our living area, kitchen, two bathrooms and laundry room were painted, besides the boys' bedroom. The ceiling is swiss coffee white, the walls are an ivory, and the other rooms were light green. How nice everything looks now! And the biggest praise is how smoothly everything went. I was grateful to the Lord for His grace and help. Also for a big, tall angel with the first name of Steve, who came by on the second day of painting and helped us move heavy furniture back in place. He also helped the boys the next day, filing and sharpening our chain saws, and sawing and splitting more wood so we could get the big mess of wood sawed, split, stacked and raked up. I never thought of Steve as an angel before, but those particular days, he was. Little miracles like that which I wasn't expecting happened to keep us feeling God's care and help in the middle of a very tough job.  


A science experiment the children did with cornstarch and water. In the bowl, it looks like liquid. But if you squeeze it, it feels like a solid. Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...