Thursday, May 9, 2013

Florida Flowers!

At Fort Myers Rescue Mission, I drank in the beauty of the flowering bushes.


I am a Pennsylvania girl who loves greenery and flowers and grass and trees--so after years of Colorado drought and seeing so much brown, I am captivated with all this beauty.


More beauty! The guys living at the mission help with the landscaping and gardening. 


Sorry I don't know what kind of flowering tree this is.


A fence row of flowering bushes along the side of the mission.


Here in front of the beautiful chapel are flowers with butterflies fluttering around them--only to our surprise, the butterflies were solar operated! Smile!
On the Sunday we were there, the rescue mission switched chapels with the Spanish group that usually meets in the smaller chapel on first floor of the main building. On that Sunday, the Spanish church group was holding a youth revival, so they met in this larger, new chapel. We peeked in after our own service to see the altar lined with people praying. 


A beautiful place to spend my birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...