Monday, March 3, 2014

The Work Progresses

That first 
That first afternoon, a Spanish ice cream peddler came by, and the contractor paid for icecream cones for every single worker--besting most of a $50 bill! Blessings on him!
Below, this is what Timmy and Danny had fun doing near the cement mixer.

 Afternoon shadows lengthen and still the men (and boys) toil on.
 John Dykes in the straw hat observes the work and some of the guys rest. There goes Sam on the right with another block or two. I know I said it before, but I was so proud of those teenage boys. Most any time I looked, they were working right alongside the men and their dads. Great crew of Future Missionary Construction Teams!
 And yeah, Hannah has got to be in on it, too.
It's the end of the day, and for just a few moments, we pretend we do not see what is happening. 
 Awww, Mom....
 Lovely plate of delicious tacos for either lunch or supper.
 Three of the mornings found us ladies helping the girls and sometimes little boys with schooling in the dorm at the Rescue Mission where some of the group stayed.
 The girls and I were delighted one morning for Sharon Weaver to agree to come over for an hour during Spanish class to discuss Spanish difficulties with the girls.
 When we ladies arrived the second day, this is what one side of the church looked like.
 Danny found a little friend.
 Another snap of the guys working, with Ezra throwing a shovelful of mud up on the board for the block layers.
 Jonathan mans the cement saw the contractor loaned the team. What a blessing to have the contractor helping to provide various tools and equipment. May God bless him abundantly!
 The girls help pour water on a cooling bandana for Jonathan.
 Danny spent most of the afternoon capturing bees that were inside empty, sticky pop cans, getting them to fly into his plastic bottle, and then releasing them. His mom wisely left the scene and his dad held his breath most of the afternoon. Danny was patient and quiet, and he never did get stung.
The Spanish folk who helped ate at their own table with sometimes Neal Weaver who knows Spanish fluently like his parents. 
 One evening Phil and Cindy Ledger invited our two families and Weavers over for a snack and to look at their wedding pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...