Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blossom as the Rose

Rose had saved her zucchini in her garden for her birthday.

She made a zucchini chocolate cake with simple cream cheese frosting.

 At the last minute, Rose called and invited Iva's family. Also she had Emily Duddeck for overnight the night before, and the whole day. So Rose had three families here.
I asked each family to bring a couple verses or promises or blessings to share for Rose's 13th birthday.
I hoped to have 13 verses.
It was a very special time of Jonathan reading verses and even a little poem, "Try, Try Again."
 Iva shared her verses from Isaiah 35--"The desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose."
 Just a homey picture of one of our chickens.
 And a vase of wildflowers
 Jonathan snapped this photo on our way to church Sunday morning.
The field was so full of bright yellow flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...