Wednesday, February 4, 2015

More Wedding and Reception Photos

 Joseph's youngest sister, Amanda, holds the basket of silver bells to ring for the bride and groom instead of throwing rice as they emerged from the church.
 Almost everyone had tiny silver sparkles on their face and through their hair for quite a while afterward!
 Above are pictured the Hatfield/Atwell clan with the bride and groom.
Below is the Hatfield family, who had been family to Mariah during her teenage years.
Sorry I couldn't get really good photos. I couldn't take pictures when the photographer was snapping hers so someone is always looking aside or eyes closed, or something.
 Below is my brother Hoshea's family who work in the Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation in North Dakota: L-R Andrew, Katie, bride and groom, little Amanda, Laurie and Hoshea.
 Parents with bride and groom
 Four of us Morley siblings were there at the wedding with our families--Hoshea, Elon, Kezia, and I.
Fain's four oldest children drove down from PA, too. Joella's family had planned to come, but ended up with three litters of puppies due that week, and of course, Joella herself is due in just a matter of weeks, so Ezra and I took lots of pictures to share with those who couldn't make the trip. Our family was missing Timmy and Danny who had decided they weren't interested in long travel days and a wedding where no cousins their age would be. They preferred to stay with some nearby friends and do the chores each day.
 I asked Nathan Troyer to take a few snaps of our group, and he had to be careful to stay out of the photographer's way, so we didn't get a perfect picture at all. But you get the idea.
The young lady in the dark jacket and light green skirt to the far left beside our Rose in the pink
is Renae Parks, Joseph's cousin on Laurie's side.
 I hadn't been able to get another picture of the bridal party, so tried to get a snap while the photographer was positioning everyone. There were twelve altogether in the bridal party:
Maids of honor: Nicole Brown (Joshua Bradford's fiancee, front right below), and Sarah Watts (friend of bride and pictured to the left of the bride in pic below)
Bridesmaids: Leanna and Alissa Hatfield (bride's sisters), Moriah Meenach, Katie Morley
Best Men: Josh Bradford (front right) and Tommy Bowman (groom's friends)
Groomsmen: Anthony Atwell, Caleb Dragoo, Douglas Strawn, Nathan Troyer (behind Josh)
Miniature Bride: Elizabeth Jackman (groom's cousin)  Miniature Groom: Chase Stuart (bride's cousin
Flower Girl: Becca Hatfield (bride's sister), Bible Bearer: Weston Bowman 
Pianist: Dwight Hatfield (bride's uncle) Vocalists: Linches (bride's uncle and aunt) and Austin Atwell (cousin of bride)
Ushers pictured below: Archie and Austin Atwell (There must be at least three generations of Archie Atwells).
Cousins Hannah and Elizabeth amused themselves by carrying each other around while the looong photography session was going on.
My sister Kezia's little Lydia is such a dearie.
 Hannah loves to be with her little cousins.
 The candlelit reception was at the camp dining hall. Very unique. It was comforting to have the lights low so my poor dizzy self could feel like I was sort of hiding--except when I was running around snapping pictures of the lovely decorations. A lot of love and work went into this. Different folk pitched in to help Mariah with expenses including a professional photographer. Bless them all!
 Mariah had chosen winter colors, and she and whoever helped had done such a lovely job. The caketop was a snowflake, and there were silver pinecones and snowflakes and blue petals on the cakes.
 Someone had done an outstanding job on the cake. The icing is a woven pattern. I can't imagine how much time that took! It was a masterpiece.
 Table decor.
 I don't usually eat much candy, but these were the most delicate, charmingly irresistible candies I'd ever seen, light blue and white, mixed with nuts. A totally winter-wedding-favor.
 The wedding party could finally sit down and eat. We were all STARVED by 8:00. 
The reception was simple but sufficient. I really appreciated the hot slices of delicious ham of some sort on the sandwich buns (so much nicer than cold cuts esp. on a cold winter evening!), pickled beans, macaroni salad, chips and pickles. There must have been around 150-200 people served.
 The hot drink table was beautifully lit with these floating candles. (I think they are floating in gel of some kind, not water.)
 In different spots on the wall were blue letters telling what was where.
 These huge snowflakes with tiny blue bell centers were hanging from the ceiling.
 Even the cake was blue!!!
 Bride and groom served each other cake--with the bride smearing Joseph's face really good--much to everyone's amusement! I guess she's got some spunk! He better watch out!
Below, they are saying goodbyes and picking up the "mailbox" of cards, leaving the gifts to be opened later.
 I managed to get this photo of Sarah Watts (far right), the daughter of Eric Watts, with whom I went to college at Penn View about 25 years ago. Hard to believe we both have daughters college age now.
 I caught another snap of our beautiful new niece before they went out the door.
 Josh Bradford and Jed Morley had done up Joseph's truck--
writing his phone number on the back-- much to his consternation!
Below the girls are gathering around to see what the boys wrote on the back of the truck. 
 A few pictures of the wedding decor inside the church, including two wreaths on the front doors with the initials "J" and "M."
 Hoshea and Laurie said they'd found these blue candles on clearance after Christmas, and there were snowflakes hanging above them.
 The front of the church before the wedding. Sorry I couldn't get the whole scene. I was sitting way over to the right.
We pray God's rich blessings on Joseph and Mariah as they begin their life together in North Dakota.
Joseph had bought a little house in town which Hoshea and he are remodeling.
Joseph has always been a hard worker, in recent years working ten and twelve hour days and longer on nearby North Dakota ranches, driving combines, tractors, and semi-trucks. We don't doubt that he will be a good provider.
May God bless them both--
and may each of us remember our own vows to our own dear spouses, even though it be twenty or thirty or fifty years later--
to love, cherish, and honor till death do us part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...