Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Letting Go

Here are just some quotes I found recently about "letting go," that I clipped over onto my blog several days ago.  They were helpful to me, and I am sharing them on my blog. 

 ...We create a huge amount of suffering if we are
attached to things staying the same, we realize that
relaxing and letting go is a wiser way to live.  Letting
go does not mean not caring about things.  It means
caring about them in a flexible and wise way." --
Jack Kornfield

"Periods of change are full of paradoxes.  They're difficult but exciting,
frightening but freeing.  Letting go of old patterns that
no longer work for us is exhilarating."
                                  "To let go means to give up coercing, resisting, or struggling,
                            in exchange for something more powerful and wholesome which
                                 comes out of allowing things to be as they are without getting
                                    caught up in your attraction to or rejection of them, in the
                                      intrinsic stickiness of wanting, of liking and disliking."

"Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore.
It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself."
 Deborah Reber  Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
n
      "Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get.  Life should be
                                                              touched, not strangled. " 

I loved that, "Life should be touched, not strangled."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...