On the day before President Trump's inauguration,
we hurried before school this morning to freeze a bushel of green beans that Jonathan brought home yesterday from Sprouts at just 88 cents a pound.
I don't know what is on President Trump's inaugural luncheon menu,
(I read that President Obama had steamed lobster I think, and grilled bison for his inaugural luncheon)
but we little, unimportant country folk like green beans whole and pressure-cooked just right.
So we needed to finish the beans,
do school, and take Carrie to work...
and then hopefully watch
online as President-Elect Trump placed the wreath in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
in Arlington Cemetery.
We froze green beans, studied in school, hung laundry outside in the warm sunshine,
bought towels and sheets at an estate sale on my way home from taking Carrie to work,
and other family things...
and then watched a new First Family gather near the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
in Arlington Cemetery.
So then here finally came President-Elect Trump.
A soldier presents the wreath...
and Trump and Pence place it on the stand.
in respect for our fallen soldiers.
I pray, Lord, for our new President and his family.
As they move into the White House,
may they make room for You as the honored Guest.
May You be honored, I pray, as Trump takes office,
and be with our country tomorrow.
Please keep Your hand over all of us, and may Your Word go forth to the ends of the earth,
bringing the gospel of peace to those who are hungry and broken and needy.
Remember every common, ordinary family, like ours,
who goes to school and goes to work and makes simple meals and tries to honor You
in our homes.
Amen.
This post made me smile :)
ReplyDelete