Monday, September 11, 2017

She Chose the Littlest Puppy--the Runt!

Just minutes ago, we had a puppy customer come another time to spend time with our littlest puppy. 
It had been Carrie's first customer.
She could have chosen from any of the big, strong, healthy, cute puppies.
Instead, she fell in love with the smallest one, 
the "runt" of the batch.
The one that almost died.
 
The one that we had to feed with a dropper.
Yes, of all the puppies in the litter, she chose that one!
And it reminded me of the verse I had written in my journal a while back, "He made us accepted in the beloved."
 "We just love this one!" the mom said, as she hugged and hugged the puppy, after having her son spend time with it,
as he is allergic to dogs in some ways, and they needed to see how badly he would react or not to this breed of puppy.
Last week, the preacher of the morning shared from the text I Thess. 1:4, "Your election by God."
And his theme was, "He chose you."
Being chosen doesn't mean so much until you have been rejected.
Or your husband has been rejected.
Or your children have been rejected.
Or your parents or friends or neighbors or somebody that means a lot to you has been rejected.
Then when you are chosen by someone else,
and valued,
and respected, 
and affirmed and loved,
it means an awful lot.
What if I am the runt of some situation?
The black sheep of a flock or family?
The UNchosen one, the rejected one?
The outlawed in-law?
What if someone is struggling with rejection issues?
There is always Someone to turn to Who understands our feelings, who was in all points tempted like we are,
and Who knows the feelings of our infirmities.
Jonathan and I have on purpose said things to each other recently like,
"I chose you."
Of all the men in the world, I chose Jonathan to be my wedded husband--for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and health,
in storm or in calm.
And of all the prettier, fluffier, and more talented girls, Jonathan chose me!
He rubs my cold feet,
and I'm the one lady who makes sure he has a nice meal every evening, and his needs are regularly and generously met.
God chooses the weakest, the least, the smallest 
over the wise, the noble, and the rich.
He even chooses what "are not,"
 (perhaps people who are treated like they don't even exist--ever have the feeling you don't exist in some people's lives 
whose long noses are right in front of you?)
But God uses what are not,
to "bring to nothing the things that are."
He chooses me--and you--to protect, nourish, bless, guide, and love.
He chooses me and you as if we were the only one.
j
Thank You, God!
We love You, because You first loved us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...