Monday, May 14, 2018

Mothers Day--Ten Things My Mother Taught Me to Love (expanded to 13 plus)

A couple days ago I realized I didn't have a Mothers Day card to send my mother, so--I made one myself.

I didn't have a lot of time, but guess what,
there should always be time for one's mother.
The thought came into my mind about some of the things my mother taught me to love--the first 6 of which you can see here on the card I made for her.

7. To love my husband
8. To love my children
9. To love others, especially missionaries
10. To love little things (like violets, postage stamps, and babies)


11. To love simple birthday gifts (like dishcloths and homemade hot pads for the kitchen)
12. To love books (especially old ones!)

13. To love the Cross of Christ
14. To love poetry

15. To love one another (Mom has never, ever taken sides to pit any of us family members against one another.
Nor has she ever taken sides against a son-in-law or daughter-in-law. She has treated the in-laws who married her sons and daughters as if they were totally part of the family. She even keeps in touch with some of the relatives of the in-laws!
And the list could go on.
Thanks, Mom, for all the good things you taught us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...