Jonathan is an expert skier, even if he does use skis that are rather archaic!
It's been a couple years since he went skiing, and finally the children begged long enough and hard enough and Carrie found discounted tickets and she shopped for skis and boots on Craigslist so we wouldn't have to waste money renting skis, and finally, last week, all but Crystal went skiing.
I love when Jonathan comes flying up to me on his skis, like he is about to run me over, and then suddenly at the very last moment, he turns and digs those skis into the snow,
and he stops just far enough away that I have to take a step or two to kiss him!
He doesn't seem to mind kisses from the little lady that simply adores him!
Every
few days if not more often, I check my old journal I kept in Ukraine
before we were married, to see what he and I were doing exactly 25 years
ago.
This
weekend 25 years ago, Jon and Esther McVey, who had accompanied Jonathan on his trip
to Ukraine, were presenting him and me with an ice cream cake to
celebrate being together in Kiev for two weeks!
My mission director had said, on the way to the airport to pick up Jonathan and the others,
"My advice is to not fall in love for at least two weeks!"
Now the two weeks were up, and Jon teased us that finally we could be "officially in love."
That was 25 years ago April 7th.
Now, twenty-five years later, the prince I fell in love with is skiing down the slope with several of his children. In the photo above, Timmy was coming down that slope by himself.
And in the picture below, Carrie and Rose are coming down ahead of Jonathan and Hannah.
My prince skiing up ahead of his little daughter.
I liked these seats made from skis.
And this Christmas tree made of skis!

No comments:
Post a Comment