Monday, June 10, 2019

New Cedar Fence--and Anointed with Fresh Oil

A couple Saturdays ago, we put up some cedar fence to define the edges of our back yard between our house and the pasture. I hoped maybe I could keep the back yard looking a little better if I had a nice fence.
Timmy, Danny and I rolled an oil stain on all sides of those cedar panels.
It was hours of work!
I was just so thankful to have the energy to work for hours outdoors that day.
And how beautiful it looked when it was done!
I was reading Psalm 92 recently.
"I have been anointed with fresh oil."
And I thought about that.
Cedar panels looks much better when rolled with an oil stain. 
Sheep feel so much better when an oil salve has been applied to sore spots.
And people thrive when the oil of the Holy Spirit's comfort, assurance, and presence is poured out upon them.
Recently I experienced fresh oil from the Lord--
fresh assurance;
fresh answers to prayers;
fresh relationship to my Savior.
"I have been anointed with fresh oil."

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Anna, I wish I could present your blog posts in my sermons at church. You really should be more famous than you are! Love Gabriel

    ReplyDelete

Driveway Delights--Larks and Owls

 The ability to delight in something is a gift from the Lord. There have been valleys in my life where I could not find the ability to delig...