It's hard to believe Crystal has lived a quarter of a century already! At her age, I was going to Honduras to teach.

I wonder where she will go in the next year or two? Until then, she is kept hopping here at home with her puppies and helping pitch in with her share of household duties. For her birthday, since she was so busy, I said if she made her own cake, we would do the rest of supper. Well, she also decorated so pretty with some decor she found in her room.
What a delightful dessert!
It's a very low-sugar frosting, that is for sure! I think there is only 1/3 cup of sugar in it.
There is no end of fun at the Lucas table during dinner time!
Boy, was this a bad time to snap a photo or what? How many people are licking their fingers or touching their faces???
This cake really went over!
The children had also made homemade lemon icecream that ended up rather chewy with pieces of lemon peel that were frozen in their syrup!
No end of laughter about it all!
Crystal was especially happy for the sewing machine she got for her birthday. I found it at a thrift store.
We are very grateful for our firstborn daughter and for the choices she is making as she endeavors to follow God's will for her life.
I still remember the morning she was born, holding her in my arms and looking out the window of the birthing clinic at the crystal dawn outside!
Snow sparkling all over, that morning seemed to confirm that we had aptly named her Crystal Dawn! And she has been a bright, sparkly part of our lives ever since!







No comments:
Post a Comment