Thursday, November 18, 2021

Umbrella Over Grandma

 I just ran across these two pictures taken hastily this summer when Mama Lucas was here for supper one day. It was raining for a bit that evening--just when Mama and Daddy Lucas wanted to leave to go home.

Sam put up an umbrella while I was helping Mama down the front porch steps, and she took his arm. (You can see just a little of her in front of the blur of me!)

Then I managed to get this snap just before they disappeared behind the fir tree in our front yard. 

Because I didn't know what the future held. And to me, there is nothing as kind or great as a young man sheltering his grandmother under his umbrella.

 It was not a heroic deed, just an ordinary courtesy, but one that left Sam's mother wanting to keep that picture etched in her memory. 

And here it is-- two weeks to the day after Sam's grandmother's funeral. 


Just a little picture of the sheltering Heavenly Umbrella that Mama Lucas came under when she left this world for Home and took the arm of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...