Last week my mom and dad celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary!

My niece Mercy cross-stitched and sewed this darling "LOVE" pillow for them!
My father had just gotten out of the hospital a few days before the reunion, so we hadn't been sure how much he would be able to be with the clan at the campground we had rented for the occasion. But he was able to come out for a little while all three days.
I just had to get a picture of my older sister Dorcas and me together. It had been seven years since we'd seen each other.
Together, we signed the card to give Mom and Dad from all nine of us siblings--all signed in person that one day that we were all together--all eleven of our original family.

Nearly everyone who came contributed something for the meals or for barter--such as homemade breads, jams and jellies, garden produce, home canned veggies and meat, and frozen venison sausage, for examples.
My brother Fain frying the first morning's breakfast.
The girl cousins had decorated the tables with bouquets of fresh flowers from family gardens.
More bouquets!
Love taking candids!Some of what I enjoyed most was being together with my sisters! Here we're chopping veggies for salad.
Here sisters and sisters-in-love are discussing the next day's menu.
Here we are lining up to purchase some small things at a local boutique!
Shopping together as sisters and nieces at that quaint little store was a highlight.
Here we four oldest sisters are lining up in order of age.
The three oldest--Elon (in dark brown shirt), Fain, and Gabriel. Some of the family preferred not to be on social media, so I am limited in what photos I can use.
An intense discussion during photo time!
I caught the oldest and youngest of the clan all at once!
I thought it was precious how the oldest sister walked my dad back to his car after the photo time.
Someone caught this on camera.
Seemed like everyone had to take a turn holding Jed's littlest boy--the youngest in the clan! 















No comments:
Post a Comment