Saturday, July 29, 2023

Avenue of the Fountains--Most Beautiful Spot in Arizona!

We are staying just a couple blocks from Avenue of the Fountains, which must be the most beautiful spot in Arizona!
And to think we get to live here the whole time I'm getting treatments at the clinic!
I figure I'll be feeling rough with detox before long, and might not care where I am or what the name of the street is or what kind of flowers those are and what kind of bird is preening at the fountain. 

Maybe I'll be too weary and sick and in pain from port surgery (and possibly dental surgery) to pay attention anymore when the world-famous water fountain spurts off on the hour down about a mile away, in plain sight of our kitchen window. 

 But for now, I am reveling in all the beauty. 
To many eyes, this is anything but beautiful, but to me, when in other directions you'd just see pavement or car garages or people in the area pool, this desert scene is beautiful! 
So much better than the area of Phoenix we stayed in for several days, where trash littered nearly every street and vacant lot, and there was no end of city dirt and noise. 
Here it is so quiet, so peaceful, so comfortable.
Oh, dear God, is this really all for me?
A world-famous fountain out there in the middle of the desert? 
Those doves preening by the fountain where we drive into the condo complex?
Those sparrows lighting in for a drink?

The cross on the church steeple silouetted against the sunset clouds?
It was so pretty as we returned from a trip to the thrift shop for a couple more tops for me suitable to wear when getting IVs in a port.
The port is to go in a week from today.
The port for very high dose Vitamin C, B   seventeen, mistletoe (used successfully in Europe and India against cancer) and, when I can gain a little more weight, Insulin-Potentiated Therapy (low dose chemo). 
 But for now, on the hour, from 9 a.m to 9 p.m., I'm reveling in the lovely scenes out my kitchen window. 
How did God know I loved water?
Loved fountains?
God is so amazing!
He is my Fountain of Life, at which I drink today.
Lord, I come quietly to You today. 
I think I'll take a break from the work, the computer, the screen, the bills, the inside, and go for a little walk outside.
I know it will still be hot.
But the sun is down, and I'd just like to go see the little fountains down around the block, and what birds might be there tonight. 
Maybe I'll pass the little family of quail we saw this morning,
or a hopping bunny,
or other people out walking their dogs after the sun sets.
But for me, I just want to go be quiet.
And meditate.
Not praying, the doctor reiterated.
Just listening.
By the gurgling fountain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...