Friday, January 5, 2024

Even in Phoenix, God Provides

 It's been a bit of a whirlwind trip--flying down here to AZ Monday, getting labs drawn on Tuesday morning, doctor consultation Wednesday as well as lung x-rays, several IVs on Thursdays, including finally herceptin for the first time in six weeks, since the x-rays showed my lungs almost miraculously back to normal. They had been showing "hyperinflated" a  month ago; hence, the stopping of herceptin for a month.

 

Today after the PET scan,  I hurried back to the clinic to get another Vitamin C IV to chase out the radioactive medication I got for the PET scan. I had eaten an organic banana, blackberries, and organic cottage cheese with flaxseed meal for a quick breakfast at one o'clock in the afternoon since I hadn't eaten any breakfast earlier.  And an hour later, I was still hungry. So I had my salad along, but I had forgotten to include my little jar of homemade dressing. Oh boy! I get to eat salad without dressing again, like a rabbit. 

But no. Just before I started eating my salad, a clinic lunch was brought to the patient next to me, including not just one but two little cartons of cashew milk and dill dressing. The lady insisted that I taste it. I liked it very much and admitted I'd forgotten my dressing!

"Take one!" she urged. "I got two!"

 

It was a little thing, but it meant so  much to me--the way God looks after me. Others might think it happenstance, but I feel God tenderly watching over me, sending a second dressing along at just the right time so that I could not only enjoy my raw salad a little more, but so that He could be praised in the middle of the cold clinic and a lonely day for patients and short-staffed nurses alike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...