I know that title sounds a little off, but today was Thanksgiving Sunday, and it was warm enough that, with jackets on, we could eat a picnic on the way home at a park in town where there were hundreds of ducks and geese.
Jonathan carried down the crockpot (minus one handle--see story below!!) to the picnic table while the children check out all the geese all over the place. (Watch your step!)
Two trains go by across the road, and I enjoy the willow branches and the few leaves left on.
I miss trees so much, so what a blessing to go to this park and drink in the tall cottonwoods, and watch the ducks and geese in the water.
Peaceful and beautiful! All thanks to God our Creator!
The broken handle of the crockpot--the handle broke while Sammy was carrying it across the parking lot to plug it in the basement of the church to keep it hot for our lunch later. All the vegetables landed on the parking lot gravel! I wish I had a picture of it now, for it was very colorful, and you would never see a picture quite like it!! But you do not think of taking pictures when you are in the middle of such an ignominious situation--your food all over the parking lot while people dressed in Sunday best are pulling up to the church...
In the middle of the catastrophe, I am breathing thanks to God for helping me not go to pieces when our dinner went to pieces. All the potatoes and carrots were in big chunks, and the green beans were long, the way we like them, so they were easy to pick up. We decided we could rescue the food if we just carefully picked the pieces up from the gravel, washed them off in the sink down in the church basement, added more water to the pot, and turned it back on to heat to a germ-killing temperature! Sammy and Jonathan all help pick up pieces while Grandma Lucas arrives on the scene with all a Grandma's sympathy.
Thank you, God, for the way You can put pieces of our lives back together
when we don't have a handle on things,
when everything goes to pieces,
when we fall, and break, and create scenes,
when things are not as they should be.
You are a merciful God!
Is this the way David said, "Oh, if I had the wings of a duck---" or did he say "dove"?
Or is this just cheering with joy on Thanksgiving Sunday?
Giving thanks with ducks and geese for all God's goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment