Sunday, May 4, 2014

Brief Glimpses of the Arms Around the World Convention

This post is stuck in the middle of my posts about our trip back East to IHC.  I was looking at one of our favorite blogs last evening, "The Johnstown Albertsons" and enjoyed all their pictures of the AAW Convention, which reminded me I hadn't posted any photos myself.
So here are a few that I managed to take. I don't like to disturb services by snapping photos very often, but we did get a few.
Below are the AAW board members: Jonathan, Bro. Warner, John MacDonald, Bro. Sturtevant, and Bro. and Sis. Bley.
 Below is the Randy Albertson family, who are with inner-city ministry in Denver. We've enjoyed going up occasionally and supporting their services. Randy spoke about inner-city ministry. They set up this "Prayer" banner, pass out tracts, hold street meetings near to the city rescue mission (which the mission is delighted for them to be doing, as the drug dealers kind of disappear when the Christians arrive for a street meeting), and of course hold services at their church. The Albertsons have given up his job so they can minister full-time. They are willing to live lowly and trust God for their needs. We really appreciate this spirit.
 Randy shares about the kind of message and drawings he gives on the street, challenging sinners to consider their souls and the way they are taking.
We enjoyed getting to meet new board members, sweet folk, Bro. and Sis. Wesley Warner.
We very much enjoyed John MacDonald's guitar playing--some of the nicest we've ever heard. He and his wife sang a beautiful special one evening, about waiting on God to answer prayer. I can't remember exactly what it said, as I 'd never heard it before, but it meant a lot to me.
Below the children are enjoying playing with friends who were at the potluck meal at the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...