But first, happy birthday, Timmy!
This cake was made by a friend for him.
And now for the mouse hunt story!
I was working in the basement one evening after nine o'clock, but was hearing all sorts of screams and bangs upstairs, obviously related to some of the family discovering a mouse in the house. Rose, who was in bed, became so curious that she hopped out of bed and ran upstairs. Finally, I decided to go up and see what was going on, too.
But maybe it would have been better had I stayed downstairs.
Because this is what greeted my eyes!!
My living room was in mass upheaval! The couch was turned upside down in the middle of the living room, and almost all the furniture was out of place.
Was a mouse really worth all that chaos?? I wondered.
However, you always have a choice.
Sooo--
I chose to grab the camera and enjoy the fun while the older children and their dad became more and more intent on catching that crazy mouse that kept eluding them. Right now, the mouse is under the sewing desk, and they have the cat hunched there, too.
The cat was no good whatsoever.
So much for that cat.
Armed with mop, broom, or chunks of wood, the battle continues into the hall by the wood stove--a battle complete with the roars of mighty warriors which turn suddenly into screams of scared people in bare feet--
and back into the livingroom.
The barefoot girls make sure to stay safe on piano bench or desk seat while the mighty warriors in pant legs move furniture again and wax bolder and more intent by the minute.
Scream, scream! The silly mouse has run back into the corner behind the recliner!
Now--horrors!--it is in the recliner!
Rose in her pajamas and impromptu skirt, wielding her mighty weapon--a broom.
I had gone into the office to use my time more wisely, but upon hearing more and louder screams, I opened the office door only to spy at my feet--
the mouse!
Slam!
Quicker than a flash, I slammed the door shut again, and ran back around into the living room to be greeted by more screams and three--mind you--three sets of bare feet leaping high into the air as that little gray mouse scuttled back to his corner! I will not mention that the set of feet that I was sure was highest in the air was the mighty Sam's.
I will spare you the details of the mouse's gory end, but just after the shouts of victory in the battle, there was another blood-curdling scream and someone gasped, "Another mouse!"
Sure enough! A second mouse was running around!
Mad as hornets, the gang went after him and got him in short order.
They even took a picture of him--which I will refrain from publishing.
This is simply hilarious! Love the pictures--that's the part I've missed, I guess, when we've had OUR many mouse hunts in this little cramped trailer in New Philly! Maybe that would've helped us too! LOL! I hate mice!!!
ReplyDelete