Friday, October 24, 2014

As a Hummingbird to Its Nectar

The day after Jonathan came home from his hunting trip, he sent me a sweet email from his phone while in town, from where he had taken a few moments to try to collect his thoughts in Garden of the Gods, he said.
He was asking for a date with me!
My heart still skips a beat when I get an email like that!
I didn't feel up to a long trip to town to meet him,
but
 we decided to eat our supper out on the porch swing in order to enjoy the warm sunshine.
To our amazement, despite it being near the end of October, a tiny hummingbird moth showed up at our flowers in the flowerbed at our feet.
 It was the tiniest one I've ever seen. It flitted from flower to flower and we watched in quiet wonder, my sweetheart and I.
What a gift from God to enjoy while we ate meatballs and baked fries and green beans. 

 I still get so excited when my sweetheart comes home after several days away.
I know I am not the prettiest flower in the garden, and sometimes my petals droop,
but I love my hubby coming home to me!

And you don't have to go to a restaurant
or drive a long way
or pay a high price
to sit on your own porch swing in the long shadows of the evening
watching the sunset 
and the whirring wings of an amazing creature
enjoying the nectar that only God can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...