Wednesday, March 18, 2015

If You Had Been This Parrot in the Treetop

                                             It would have been fun to be this parrot in the stump of a palm tree that was near the front of the Spanish church we worked on.    

  Jed is marking lumber to saw for the platform.
The two Samuels getting part of the frame for the platform nailed together.
 
The boys loved to occasionally get inside the contractor's lift and go up and down and around in it.

I had no idea how many pieces of lumber it took to build a 10 x 40 foot platform. It's a good thing they didn't ask me to build it!
All those teenage boys were a huge help with the platform.
Sis. Wheeler joins us ladies one of those first nights in sweeping and cleaning up.
Darkness settles in quickly after sunset, and the church still does not have lights. Someone had provided a long string of ten lights--without bulbs! So we ladies hurried off to Walmart to buy ten 100-watt light bulbs so we could continue to work after supper and after dark. 
I couldn't get very good pictures because of so much dust in the air.
Sam marking trim as he and his daddy and the other Samuel start working with trim.

My brother Fain and his wife Regina having a discussion.
Ice cream bar anyone?

We had to wash out our paint brushes at least once or twice a day by the outdoor spigot a hundred feet from the church.
 Our little Hannah, had she been along, would have loved to try to make friends with one of the forty-three wild cats that roam freely around the rescue mission, where we stayed at night. 
We were so thankful for the lovely accomodations at Fort Myers Rescue Mission again. This time, they told the Wheelers and Jonathan and me that we could stay in a couple rooms in the dorm housing one or two staff. Each of us couples had a private bath; there was central air conditioning, and our room had carpet and a lovely wooden queen-size bedstead instead of a bunk bed to bang our heads on!
 I found a beautiful lighthouse and boat quilt to cover our bed with.
 I thought Janet Albertson and other quilt makers out there would enjoy seeing this one!
Still more pictures later, I hope, when I have time. Most of these were uploaded several days ago, just waiting for time to hastily type in captions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...