Saturday, March 21, 2015

Monday in Florida

Monday morning the boys helped to almost finish the platform. A lot of work went underneath this huge thing. Electric wires and outlets had to be put in, and plumbing pipe had to be installed for
the sound system wires! 
Underneath this plywood is a whole maze of joists and "walls" and lumber well glued together so there won't be squeaks!

Not sure if these are boys or monkeys.

We ladies were back into the job of painting.
The boys help sweep and even mop to get ready for the men who are coming to lay tile.

The boys (here David Morley) help trim the drywall around the window before window casing and/or sills go in.
At lunch time, I caught a couple snaps of the ladies stir-frying sweet peppers to add to the rice and chicken dish.

The delightful stir fry they served us that day.
Regina and I saw a huge pile of dirty dishes and pots and pans out on the sinks and on the table nearby, 
so we rolled up our sleeves and got to work.
Regina scrubbing in the deep sink.
How would you like a pot like this one to cook in?
How would you like just a table for a dishdrainer?
I was so utterly happy in the beautiful, warm outdoors, helping with dishes in a simple situation where everyone was just pitching in here in an outdoor setting.
I loved it.
When we got back to the church to do more painting, Jonathan and Bro. Wheeler were working on installing the double glass door between the sanctuary and vestibule.
Leveling and shimming and making sure it's just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...