About two weeks ago Jonathan, Crystal and I flew back to OH to join the Mission Helps team at the
Interchurch Holiness Convention.
I didn't take many pictures this time--but this is one of the mass choir.
Jonathan wrapped the wooden frame for our Mission Helps display as one of our pieces of luggage.
Here he is after retrieving it at the Dayton airport.
I reveled in the beautiful blossoms and green grass and tiny new leaves outside our car window.
My favorite part of checking in at the hotel was the blooming trees outside.
They made my heart ache.
Blossoms outside our hotel at night.
The first thing I thought to take a picture of at IHC was at the Women of Worth meeting.
I enjoyed the women's meetings so much.
This year, Sis. Janet Sankey turned the directorship of WOW over to Lorena Glick.
Lorena Glick had been a missionary in New Guinea about thirty or so years ago and had the vision
there as a young missionary to reach out to the New Guinea ladies and get a women's retreat
put together.
Here is one of the women from Papua New Guinea who is part of the women's groups there,
speaking here at IHC and expressing her joy that we can all be sisters in Christ
no matter what country we are part of.
She is grateful that missionaries came to PNG to share the gospel.
Valerie Quesenberry and one of the two daughters who sang are to the left of the podium, and Sis. Sankey to the right.
Crystal with her friend Hannah Moyer who attends AWC.
And if you think nothing good is happening in this world anymore, think again.
The most outstanding service was Thursday afternoon when representatives from Papua New Guinea shared in the service.
Rev. James Plank is greeting different government dignitaries and members of PNG Parliament as they come to the platform.
I was so proud of James Plank. It was
hard to believe that I sat in college classes with him about 30 years ago at Penn View, and here he was,
greeting this government delegation from Papua New Guinea and being
part of this momentous occasion.
How we never know where life will take us--him on the platform as a respected and godly
Chrisitan leader greeting government officials,
and
I as a little lowly mom, one of the many littles there at the occasion.
All I could relate to was sitting in college classes with him--and now just so proud of him and that I got to know him personally,
but we can also relate in that each of us is trying to fulfill God's plan for our lives whether it takes us to a platform or to a lowly prairie home.
We had no idea how special this service was to these brothers in Christ and members of the PNG government.
They told us how their nation has decided to become a Christian nation, and to build it upon the Word of God.
They are rejecting their heathen ways and have torn down at least part of a wicked image in their government building representing three kinds of evil in their nation.
Instead, they are wanting to use something Christian in its place.
To this end, a well-known and well-respected pastor, Gene Hood, who has worked for years with folk from PNG, supporting with finances, etc.,
donated the nation an original 1611 King James Version Bible, valued at half a million dollars.
He had hoped to be present at this service to present it, but was taken ill and could only watch online. (Bro. Hood died only a few days later, but it was such a blessing that he could at least witness this event, for which he had surely hoped and prayed, before he died.)
Bro. Hood's representative spoke instead.
It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience--to be part of a ceremony where government dignitaries are receiving the Word of God with so much respect and celebration.
They said that PNG has moved their embassy to Jerusalem in support of Israel.
The KJV Bible is being brought to the podium to be presented to a government official.
They said that when they get back to PNG, the government officials are planning to roll out a red carpet to the airplane to receive this Bible with all due honor and respect.
They are planning to create a special display in their government building to house this Bible as
their national treasure, expecting to use its truths to guide their nation.
While the hundreds and perhaps thousands of people in the auditorium clapped, cheered, and praised God, this man held the Bible aloft with great celebration and excitement and pride.
It was absolutely spine-tingling.
You really need to visit the IHC archives and watch the archived service online.
We have never been in such a remarkable and amazing service.
One of the dignitaries speaking.
They shared that they believe they are part of the fulfillment of prophecy where the prophets wrote how the "isles of the sea" would turn to the Lord.
They expect God to bless their nation now that they have turned to Him as a nation and government.
Another dignitary speaking.
I cannot do the service justice. You'll have to go online and listen for yourself.
I cannot do the service justice. You'll have to go online and listen for yourself.
The PNG group sang "Victory in Jesus" and perhaps another song.
Visiting with the Warners from Nebraska at our display.
We were told that there was a record number of exhibits this year.
One was Hannah McDowell, new author of a most interesting missionary book about her life as a missionary midwife called Babies, Bullets and Bee Stings.
She autographed her book for me, which I bought to give Carrie for her birthday since she is interested in midwifery.
It was
touching to see the entire original Edwards family singing a simple
rendition of a song they used to sing many years ago before Bro.
Edwards, a much loved song evangelist, died.
I
remember the Edwards being song evangelist one year at Evangelical
Bible Mission in Florida when we lived down there in the winters.
L to R--Daniel, Esther, mother Edwards, Elizabeth and Jonathan.
I
couldn't help remembering 37 years ago when I was 12 years old sitting
on this same platform with the Edwards, the Enyarts, and perhaps a
third family, all waiting our turns to sing for that family evening of
singing they always have at IHC.
I remember our family sang "I'll Walk With God," "My God and I," and "How Great Thou Art."
I am so thankful to see this beautiful family again, all of whose children are still serving God.
My hat is off to that family.
Below now is the mass choir and orchestra on the last night.
Part of the mass choir preparing to go on the platform.
It was a joy to see the Keep boy in the choir, with his white walking stick.
Though blind, he is very much a part of joyful service and life with others.
Outstanding music.
As exhibitors were tearing down, I got a quick snap with Esther Miller (daughter of Jacob Miller) who has stayed young all these thirty years since we were together at Evangelical Bible Mission in Florida.
Loved seeing all your pix of IHC, because like we told you this winter when we were in CO, we didn't get to go. BooHoo! Been listening to all the archives one by one and soaking them up. Loved your pic of my second cousin Esther Miller--really makes me wish I'd been there! Love her to pieces! Oh, by the way, the Edwards men are pictured the opposite: Jonathan on the left and Daniel on the right as you're looking at them. Thanks so much for posting all these--it was great to see and share in your memories! Love, Sharon K.
ReplyDelete