Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pruned

I'm so thankful for these roses I bought at Home Depot this year.
They are just in pots, and they finished blooming a while ago, but
we pruned them back a bit, cutting off the dead blossom,
and they are budding again.
And sometimes you have to realize that God takes seasons of our lives where we aren't looking very beautiful. 
Nothing blossoming exactly.
Just pruning and waiting going on.
In the middle of dentist appointments and vet appointment and hours of work on just a table,
and rearranging a room for a different bed to try to solve back and neck and pain issues,
there are quiet moments to reflect.
Nothing wrong with taking a few moments to slow down and to cease being a workaholic.
Doing good sometimes includes taking a break before you break. 
Taking a moment to enjoy that blooming bachelor's button the girls planted in their raised bed.
And to observe the rose about to bloom--
and knowing that there is hope in your future, too.
The girls' tomatoes and cucumber

And potatoes and marigold.
Don't you Pennsylvanians make fun of our enormous gardens.
Doesn't this sight just leave you wishing?
Okay, yep, I'm going to go to bed soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...