Sunday morning there was a wonderful answer to prayer!
Our friend that we picked up that morning to take to Sunday School responded to the invitation and went up front to pray.
Afterward she was sitting on the floor and laughing and saying, "I never felt like this before!"
"I bawled like a baby," she told me yesterday, as I brought her out to our place to ride horse for the afternoon, and she felt "at peace with herself," she said.
When I asked her what the Lord did for her, she said, "I don't know! I don't really know!"
And I told her she didn't need to understand, she just needed to believe.
Understanding will come in time, with instruction and obedience.
Pray that we church people will know how to help instruct her.
She said she had wanted to do that for a long time.
And really it is very simple when we come to Jesus.
Maybe we don't understand everything, but if when He says, "Come to me,"
we just come,
can it get more simple than that?
For now, yesterday, I felt a little urge from the Lord to go follow up, because it can be easy to give up without the needed fellowship or encouragement.
The girls suggested I invite her and Tim out to ride horses, as they have so wanted to come out to our place and do that!
I was so glad the children wanted to do that.
I didn't notice the little rainbow right in the middle of the picture on the gravel road,
till I was looking at the pictures later!!
I didn't notice the little rainbow right in the middle of the picture on the gravel road,
till I was looking at the pictures later!!
The children were absolutely being little "missionaries" this afternoon,
and it was just so precious to me to watch my kids out all afternoon with these friends,
getting an extra horse from our very kind neighbor,
saddling up, and taking turns riding.
Tim has taught our children a lot about horses. He was out another day to help them with the horse.
Here Hannah is hanging on behind him!
It made me so happy to see our friends so happy in the country, and our own children so happy, too,
with the horses.
There they go ready to ride the trail.
Danny munches an apple while waiting for his turn.
Of course the puppies were a great hit with people who are usually cramped into a small living space in a mobile home park in the city,
and to someone who had just spent Valentines Day in the emergency room with terribly high blood pressure.
Our pastor's wife had sacrificially spent this special holiday at the ER with this lady,
but it was worth it all when her heart responded to the Lord Sunday.
The puppies love to kiss noses!
They are just too cute right now.
Meanwhile, inside, Carrie had made pies for supper--cherry and peach pie!
MMM!
After supper and evening chores, the children played a game of Colorado-opoly with Tim.
He won!
It was a blessing to watch their joy at being in the country,
joining us for Bible reading and discussion,
and we want to have them again for more horse riding!
Liberty, our missionary horse, is doing a great job of being a missionary!
Pray for our dear friends, Tim and Candy!
No comments:
Post a Comment