Yesterday Jonathan surprised me with this beautiful bouquet of azaleas for me
for an early Valentines Day gift.
I hardly had any Valentines Day decorations, so I decorated our piano and book stands in our livingroom with old Valentines Day cards that he and I have gotten for each other through the years.
And I looked around for candles or anything with hearts on it.
I loved how Carrie had redecorated this vine heart and hung it on the wall.
And how she used Christmas tinsel and red ornaments, combined with red flowers and pine cones
to make a delightfully cheerful Valentines Day decoration for a dresser top.
Hannah wanted window clings, and she found a couple other items at Dollar Tree.
I'm constantly amazed at what a person can come up with to decorate or express one's love
without having to spend a lot of money.
It just takes imagination, time and love.
I am thinking about what to do for my hubby for Valentines Day.
But also I am reminded of my love for God.
Because He is the One I love most.
I don't want my love for Him to grow frosty.
What can I give Him, poor as I am,
this month when tokens of love are expressed in cards, gifts, and roses?
What rose do I have for You, my King and my God?
A song of joy.
A heartfelt prayer.
An act of obedience.
A whispered adoration.
An act of trust.
A taking up of my cross.
A keeping of my part of the covenant of love between not only my spouse and me,
but between my God and me.
Jesus, Lover of my soul,
may no love of mine eclipse my love for You.
No comments:
Post a Comment