Friday, April 14, 2017

Mud in the Tub and Spring in Colorado!

This is spring on the prairies of Colorado!
While we were experiencing warm weather, crocuses, green grass and nesting storks in Slovakia,
at home the children were getting drifts this high and wide around our place.
Some good hot nacho soup was one meal Rose served while we were gone. I was delighted with the pictures they had taken.
 Shortly after we came home, we had a very frosty day.
Sunrise looked like this.
And the children begged for a ride behind Dad's truck.
The children have spent many hours out in the snow, sledding or four-wheeling, getting the four-wheelers stuck in the drifts
and ripping one pair of snowpants big time.
So yeah, you know what Mom gets to do now.
Such merry faces came in, splattered all over with mud! We will not discuss which person was wearing their Sunday coat, or how much mud was upon it, but the person was old enough to know better!!!!!!!! :)
And she was not a boy, either!
Timmy decided to help his mom out and scrub the mud from his gear himself--in the tub.
Lo, to my horrified eyes, this is what met me later.
No comments from any peanut galleries. 
I am sure nobody out there ever had any boys who did any such thing.
******
Sometimes I go out to the porch swing to eat my meal, to get some fresh air and have a little peace and quiet. 
As you can see, the peace and quiet part didn't work this time.
Our puppies love to sleep in this tub!
Thankfully by now, there have been many happy customers and only two puppies are left to find a home.
Someday soon I hope to plant flowers in this tub.
Until then, it can be a resting place for sweet puppies.
They don't seem to care a whole lot about where they nap, as long as they have each other!
And Lord, help me to remember that it really doesn't matter where I take my rest
as long as I have You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...