Our last day in Slovakia, we tried to get as much done as we could.
We wished we could have done more, but the crew had been small, and half of us ended up sick!
Natasha must have heard that Jonathan was really hoping for a meal of cabbage rolls,
so she made some that Monday.
Here is a dish of them, along with Natasha's own dill pickles! Oh yum!
This salad was made with sliced leek leaves, corn, and bits of ham. It was very strong with onion but very delicious, too!
We so enjoy the ethnic cooking.
I enjoyed the spring flowers and all the ways spring was showing.
These crocuses were blooming in the front yard.
These crocuses were blooming in the front yard.
Unfortunately, we had visitors in the middle of the night--mice in our bedroom!
More than one or two, too!
I finally got out of bed and got pictures of one of them on the window sill!
More than one or two, too!
I finally got out of bed and got pictures of one of them on the window sill!
I had been sleeping on the bottom bunk, but when the mouse began to scuttle around my pillow, I decided I'd had it, and threw my pillow at it!
Undeterrred, it came back around again, and when my gallant knight who was sleeping in his narrow bed across the room did not come to the rescue of his fair lady,
his fair lady climbed out of her mousy bed and climbed in next to him in his hard, narrow bed!
But at least there were no mice scuttling around his pillow!
Undeterrred, it came back around again, and when my gallant knight who was sleeping in his narrow bed across the room did not come to the rescue of his fair lady,
his fair lady climbed out of her mousy bed and climbed in next to him in his hard, narrow bed!
But at least there were no mice scuttling around his pillow!
Monday morning, Jonathan and Carrie put tongue and groove boards on the bathroom ceiling.
Carrie learned to use a nailer.
She also helped Jonathan put together the sink cabinet from scratch.
I was cleaning up the mess that had lingered in the hall staircase, and swept floor and carpet there.
Here Jonathan is trying to put together the shower base, at least as much as he was able.
That evening, he climbed the ladder to fix the light that seemed to have a bulb out. However, a new bulb did not help, and he realized that when they had wired the switches to the bathroom, wires had apparently gotten crossed or disconnected. So he was able to figure that out and fix it.
So glad to finally have that light working again!
Here are a couple "after" pictures of the little remodeled bathroom.
There had not been quite enough tile, so they had to find some that worked for the one corner.
And it would be a story in itself to tell the adventures of going to stores in Slovakia to try to purchase needed supplies such as tile and a shower enclosure! Ed and Natasha were kept busy running here and there trying to buy what was needed for Jonathan.
On Tuesday morning, I got a picture with Natasha. She was worried about her unruly hair which is extremely and almost unmanageably curly, but I wanted a picture anyway! She was a former student at Kiev Wesley Bible College, and I have memories of her visiting one day in our log home and unloading her heart in my kitchen.
She had wondered that day if she would ever be worth anything, and I had shared with her from Scripture in Proverbs 31 and Titus what God wants for the life of a godly woman. .
God found value in a young woman who strayed for a while but came back to Him,
and who is being given an opportunity to help with sheltering other lonely and lost young women.
We, too, found value in this precious and beautiful lady.
Pray for Natasha and her little boy David, and Martina who is the first girl in the girls' home.
Even though I was sick most of the time, I was so happy during this wonderful trip and enjoyed it so very much!
The next post I hope to tell about our delightful stay overnight in Belgium on our way home.
God found value in a young woman who strayed for a while but came back to Him,
and who is being given an opportunity to help with sheltering other lonely and lost young women.
We, too, found value in this precious and beautiful lady.
Pray for Natasha and her little boy David, and Martina who is the first girl in the girls' home.
Even though I was sick most of the time, I was so happy during this wonderful trip and enjoyed it so very much!
The next post I hope to tell about our delightful stay overnight in Belgium on our way home.











No comments:
Post a Comment