This is Jonathan (with his hat on backwards so it won't blow off into the ocean) and me in the boat on our way from South Caicos to Providenciales.

But let me start back that morning early. These are the guys across the street getting their luggage loaded onto a pickup to take to the dock a mile away.

But let me start back that morning early. These are the guys across the street getting their luggage loaded onto a pickup to take to the dock a mile away.
This is a picture of the crew, taken the Sunday we were there.
Saying goodbye to missionary Marilyn Marchant.
Getting a last minute picture of the new roof and porch on the church.
Two guys thought they would ride the bumper to the dock, but then room was found in the van.
Here comes one of the two boats that came from Providenciales to get us across the ocean to the airport.
The two boats are lining up by the dock. Bro. Fuller Gardner and a friend were the ones who got us.
While he fueled the boats, we observed these stacks of lobster cages,
and the two big boats way up by the pink buildings, where they had been blown by the hurricane.
How will those boats ever get back into the water?
The guys wait patiently.

Most of the guys went in that boat. Jonathan and I ended up in the friend's boat with Dave Holderbaum and another of the crew.

Most of the guys went in that boat. Jonathan and I ended up in the friend's boat with Dave Holderbaum and another of the crew.
The guys all knew how to swim, but neither Jonathan nor I did, so I got scared a few times when our pilot went fast and hit waves fast.
Don't you think hats worn backwards make handsome husbands even better looking??? :)
Please don't say it makes him look like a pirate! :)
Please don't say it makes him look like a pirate! :)
This is how he had to keep the suitcases on the front of the boat instead of lurching off at our feet!
Mr. Gardner told us that this was a very calm day on the ocean.
So I would like to ask what would a bad day be like??????
Mr. Gardner told us that this was a very calm day on the ocean.
So I would like to ask what would a bad day be like??????
I screeched a couple times and held on to my seat tightly, and when I looked back at the pilot,
he just looked amused and explained, "It's a boat!"
I'm sure he was very amused at this funny white lady who didn't know much about lurching along in a boat and thought she was about to drown at any minute.
After a while, the pilot (perhaps for our sake) kept the boat steadier, and I was also getting used to the jerks and bumps and lurches when we'd hit a wave, and we got along pretty well.
Gotta ride the waves, and roll with the punches.
And always--we must trust our Heavenly Pilot!
"Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea.
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee.
Jesus, Savior, pilot me!"

No comments:
Post a Comment