Monday, August 19, 2019

Carrie is Bridesmaid at Wedding

Last weekend, Carrie had such a fun time helping her friend Angie Russell and family prepare for her wedding.  Carrie was one of the bridesmaids, along with Angie's sister Rosanna, and Angie's sister-in-law Amber.
Angie's brothers were ushers and lit candles.
The brothers did a great job.
Carrie was the first bridesmaid to enter. Of course, we her parents thought she was beautiful!
My phone was not taking very good pictures. I did get this one of the ceremony.
Angie's father had made the two pillars of hearts. Here is a closeup of one of the hearts.
The bride and groom after greeting everyone. The train had to be kept swept up at times!
Carrie and all getting ready for the grand exit of the bride and groom in between bubbles.
Meanwhile, even Jonathan joined the guys who were not only decorating the truck to take the couple to the reception, but who were also pulling a fuse so the truck would not start! Others were setting up fireworks nearby.
The groom carried his bride out to the truck. We thought Angie got a wonderful young man--he was so courteous and kind to all, especially to his bride. My girls had noticed how he always called her "Sweetheart."
 The wedding party
Benjamin's parents. I met Mrs. Yauger before service where I found out that four of their children have gotten married in the last year and a half, with Benjie, the youngest, being the last now to be married.
Angie's parents and maternal grandmother
Rosanna, Angie, Carrie, and Amber
A beautiful scene!
Angie's mother Debbie had sewed not only this beautiful wedding dress, but also all the bridesmaids' dresses. Debbie had also arranged all the bouquets and made the wedding cake!
All I can say is, "WOW!"
Probably my favorite photo of the day...
unless it's this one, with the cutest little flowergirl ever going to explore the hearts.
Angie's family with sister-in-law and grandmother included
We joined the honking vehicles following the bride and groom to the reception hall. 
Debbie told me that Carrie had done the decorating there. 
"Thank you for sending your girls!" she said to me. "They saved my life!"
 I'm so thankful the girls could be a blessing and help all at the same time as having lots of fun.
But they did not get any decorating skills from me, so I can't take any credit. They must have gotten it from their Aunts (Joella, Iva, Esther and Barbara, and Great-Aunt Irina, for example! :)
How interesting to have a full-length photo of the bride at one end of the table with the candy baskets.
The wedding cake.
The couple took time to open gifts. This one was from us, with several homemade items.
Such as this clothespin apron I sewed and tucked clothespins, lint roller, laundry mesh bag, and skirt hangers inside.
Somebody had brought this whole huge laundry basket full of grocery items to help the new couple with starting out! What a delightful and thoughtful gift!
Someone played a trick and wrapped up several CASES of macaroni and cheese.
Yay for good suppers for the new groom!
Carrie was going to miss Angie, who is going to reside now back in Pennsylvania where Benjie is from. She goes out the door with her.
And hugs her.
The groom expresses his thanks for Carrie being bridesmaid. I was so impressed with Benjie. He was so kind, thoughtful and courteous. But he also had a good streak of humor. 
I think Angie got a gem.
Waiting to see the couple off.
I was about to throw away the wedding bulletin when something caught my eye.
"Friend of groom...Friend of Bride."
What a beautiful title!
Most of the people involved in the wedding party were family or relatives, brother, sister, in-laws, etc. But then there were friends like Carrie, and the boyfriend of Angie's sister. It was a privilege for Carrie to be included as "Friend of Bride."
I'm so grateful for all the friends God has given us. We have so  many of them, and we are grateful for them. God's people are all over the place. They may not believe every detail exactly like we do, but they love God, and if our hearts are pure, we are all going to be part of His bride someday. 
May we walk with Him in white, and be counted worthy to be part of the bride
dressed in Christ's righteousness alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...