Friday, October 16, 2020

Four Hands at the Piano

Last week I got a special treat!
Jonathan and I arrived late Saturday evening from Bedford, IN, at my sister Kezia's home in Illinois. Her little girls were still up, and I asked if they ever sang in church.
Kezia said that little Lydia had just started taking piano lessons and could already play something.
And that Elizabeth and Lydia have practiced some duets.


Their piano teacher has taught ELizabeth some chords and cute ways of playing alongside Lydia by ear. I enjoyed listening to the girls. It was amazing what two little girls could play!

Loved this scene from behind Kezia's harp.


I asked Lydia to play her song and let me guess what it was. My, it was hard to guess! She played it perfectly, but I just couldn't seem to think what it was! So I had to ask her to play it a second time! :)
Finally I made the guess that it was "Jesus Loves Me" and would you believe it, that was correct! Good for me!
It was a pleasant Sunday morning and I really enjoyed the service at Chris and Kezia's church. 
They don't have a pastor right now, but Chris's dad led a good Sunday lesson, and the singing was so good, with Chris's mom playing the piano in her own cheerful style for Sunday School, and Kezia playing the grand piano for worship. 
We had arrived just as the bell was rung, and behind the church dozens of people were gathering for some kind of pork BBQ. 
But what a blessing to worship in a little white church in a farming town with grain elevators right across the street.
And afterward go around in the side yard with the little children looking for the prettiest leaves.
I wanted to take a few maple leaves back to Colorado for my children to press.
We never do seem to have enough time to visit with family. We had to move on from there, taking sandwiches along for lunch on our way to Missouri to spend Sunday night with my sister Joella's family, and see my parents and Elon's and Fain's families who are living in Missouri now near my folks.
And after that, Monday morning we had to leave again and head on home to Colorado, pulling the flatbed behind that carried the skid steer Jonathan had gotten at auction in Indiana for his business.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...