Saturday, November 14, 2020

Grandma Home From Hospital

 Jonathan's mother ended up in the hospital a couple weeks ago with terrible pain which turned out to be a hole in her stomach. Only one person was allowed in to see her, and that was Jonathan's dad. So one day Rose and I met him at the hospital parking lot with cards and a bouquet of flowers for her.

I'm not much of one to like statues, but I do like the stories of St. Francis of Assisi, and I loved this statue at St. Francis Hospital with the saint and a bird, maybe a dove.
When Grandma was finally released after a very miserable six days in the hospital, we took her a basket of soft foods and Sunday dinner. 

 Meanwhile at home, the daily routine rolls on. Straining the milk....

giving Hannah a piano lesson...

Making pumpkin pies to take to Grandpa one evening while Grandma was still in the hospital...
making a new batch of homemade laundry soap with ingredients my sister-in-law Ruth shared with me.
Teaching school to Danny and Hannah. Their Bible course this year is teaching them to use the concordance. I let them use mine which my mother gave me about 36 years ago upon my high school graduation.
And we enjoy an evening meal with big spaghetti squash boats! I discovered how much I liked spaghetti squash roasted in the oven with just a little olive oil splashed inside it and then forked into strings onto one's plate.

Here is a picture of it after it is on the plate, beside the fried sweet potatoes.
The children are practicing music to go Thanksgiving caroling to nursing homes and assisted living centers.
"Turkey in the Straw," "Count Your Blessings," and "To God Be the Glory" are some of the songs they are practicing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...