Monday, November 30, 2020

More Thanksgiving Caroling

Rose contacted a nursing home about 30 minutes away to ask about thanksgiving caroling outside windows of the residents. She was told that rocks around would be a "tripping hazard," but was told that if the group would bring 20 minutes of music instead, the residents would be allowed to social distance in the dining room and could listen to us outside the dining room window.  So the young people did that!

Another family whose children play very well on guitar, banjo, mandolin, and harmonica joined us this time since it was near their home.

I stood outside the window about eight feet away and hollered the names of our family and the songs as loud as I dared, and inside, the masked residents would listen and give us thumbs up to show they understood (or at least hoped they did!!) We also had posters with the names of the songs we did. This particular song is an oldie, "Wildwood Flower.")
We were just really glad we were allowed to bring a little cheer to the residents. They seemed to really be thankful we came.

Again, at the end of our little music time, we held these five posters close together and shouted, "Happy Thanksgiving!" from outside!
And this is the Sunday roast I put on that evening for our Sunday dinner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...