Here's the VBS ministry team that was in Mexico this last week with a couple of the children who wanted a picture with them all.
There were 67 children one night, the most there have ever been at a VBS.
The VBS was held at the local community building, and chairs had to be hauled in with the truck. On one load, some of the team was in the back on the chairs, and when they went over a big bump, two things happened. The team members screamed, who were bumping up and down in the back of the truck, and at the side of the road, cartel members laughed.

Here is a scorpion they discovered. Rose also said that they saw a live tarantula--and a dead one, but both those were in Arizona.
The team did a lot of skits. VBS went from nine in the morning till noon, and the children were rowdy! So that team had its job cut out for them.
Excited children.
Aaron translated for the team. One day they taught about the dangers and evils of drink. Rose said they all "got to be drunk" in the skits, except for Ezra, who was the guy trying to make up his mind whether to take a drink or not. Rose and Carrie pretended to be drunk, fighting each other. They were slapping, pulling hair, and otherwise being pretty good drunk women when David came into the fray to break it up! The team had a blast!
Other times, they acted out Bible stories. Aaron told them not to worry if they made mistakes. He said what he wanted to say in Spanish anyway!! :)
While they were all down there, I was feeling convicted about my selfish prayers for my girls down
there.
"Oh, Lord, keep them safe!" was my biggest prayer.
Ever since I learned they would be
going, I worried about cartels, etc. And I just kept praying for their
safety. Recently I began thinking, "How much have I been praying for the
children and parents in Mexico? How much am I praying that my girls
will make a difference in someone's life--because of Jesus in theirs?
What about children who need to give their hearts to Jesus and be
challenged to make right decisions in their lives?"
Sometimes
you have to just jump into a ministry situation like that before you are challenged to pray more
unselfishly.
We see in the pictures the
fun they are having. What if we looked at the pictures through Jesus'
eyes, and saw each child as a precious soul?
Here is a photo of the cousins last night at the border of Mexico and Arizona, by the wall.






No comments:
Post a Comment