Sunday, April 2, 2023

Our House Is Under Contract!

Three weeks ago as we were getting ready for yet another work trip up to South Dakota, we were dealing with one house showing after another. One of the showings lasted and lasted.
I ended up driving back from the park where we'd gone for the hour showing but saw that the vehicles of the realtor and the interested people were still there. So I parked way down at the end of the circle out of sight but where I could see when the vehicles would leave. We were hungry and it was well past supper time.
Minute after minute went by, and I was about to start the van and drive around to give them a hint that they were way overstaying the one hour showing. I took a picture of our house from a distance away.
There it is.

 But I didn't. And I'm glad, because those are the people who made an offer on our house!
But we wouldn't know for sure until several days later. 
In the mean time, I was so overwhelmed with keeping the house spic and span for showings while trying to live an already very busy life
that I decided it would be better for me to pack up and go to SD with Jonathan and leave the house perfect for showings.

So that is what I did.  
I took some pictures of our beautiful home that Jonathan built us 22 years ago.

Here is the cozy, de-cluttered living room.  
Jonathan doing a repair.
Danny spreading fresh crushed concrete where the drive was extra muddy this year.
And then a couple days after we left for two and a half weeks in South Dakota, the showings suddenly dried up.
But all at the same time, an offer was made.
We counter-offered, but due to special reasons given, decided to accept the original offer. We felt we didn't have much choice.
So we worked through a number of online details and our house is now under contract. 
We are to move in early May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...