After hours of travel, family and beasties alike were only too glad to unload at our place in South Dakota!
The heifer and goats literally did not know what to do with themselves with all that fresh, green grass! And the weather could hardly have been more perfectly warm and balmy--just before dusk.
We family hardly knew what to do with ourselves, either.
Suddenly, the fields around the 5th wheel was our new home.
It was so lush and green coming up from dry, brown Colorado!
(Although we hear that three inches of rain dumped two nights ago on the area where the girls live.)
The chickens survived, although they had not laid any eggs but two,
quite understandably.
The next day though, having been provided a temporary coop and nests, they rewarded us with about ten!
The goats were very happy for a bucket of water. And we stand there contemplating that now not only do we have to carry water for ourselves, we must also carry enough for our animals!

Kitty wants to share the blessing!
Puppies have their own kind of blessing!
By the next day, a temporary trough has been discovered!
And the hens are happily scratching about under the leaves in the draw.
A carpet of lush green which the heifer discovered. She was on her knees eating lush green grass!
And at the same time as I am sharing how the animals are being so richly provided for here in South dakota, I must add how God provided for me. Before coming up here, I literally didn't know if I was going to find what I needed to keep up with my cancer diet and regimen. I was running out of Bob's Red Mill baking soda which is made without chemicals, and which I use every morning mixed in with my lemon juice drink two alkalize my body. I had not been able to find it again after buying it recently at one of the grocery stores in town. I checked two different stores in Colorado Springs and it was nowhere and I had no idea where I could find it in South Dakota.
But on our way moving up, we stopped at the IGA store in Valentine, Nebraska. I had been told this store carried organic produce and other good things. And there on the shelf between two Arm & Hammer sodas was a bag of Bob's Red Mill baking soda, exactly what I needed before I even got to South Dakota! It was like a special token from the Lord, a promise that where He guides, He provides! A promise that if we will obey Him He will see to it that we are taken care of.
That if we trust Him when we cannot see, He will be faithful to us!









No comments:
Post a Comment