One of those places we stopped along the Salt River Monday had some of the tallest reeds I've ever seen.
This picture was actually taken at another spot, but the idea is there. I had already taken so many pictures I hated to ask for Jonathan's phone again just to take a picture of tall reeds! (My own phone takes lousy pictures.)
But when the reeds nearest us were suddenly alive with umpteen sizes and colors of dragonflies, I just had to ask Jonathan to take some pictures for me.
I was entranced!
Everywhere we stopped along the way, we discovered something amazing to enjoy!
(Tip--To enjoy amazing things, simply go anywhere in nature and be ready to see!)
We had enjoyed beautiful singing birds in the last spot.
But this time it was quiet dragonflies!
Dragonflies don't sing loudly or prettily.
They are quiet, but they are still beautiful.
They don't stretch gigantic wings like the herons across the river or guzzle frogs whole.
They don't juggle flaming swords or wow the crowd or even paddle their own canoe.
They don't soar in the sunset hundreds of feet above Salt River.
But they do flit about on tall green rushes, doing the small, obscure duties that their Creator made them to do.
And they entrance a little lady who thinks they are stunning in their own quiet, dutiful, obedient beauty.
So even though I may not be on the highest branches singing the most beautiful song,
may I be willing to be a little dragonfly,
contented to find my place on a reed--just so long as I am doing the Master's will.
No comments:
Post a Comment