When I traveled all the way to Arizona for my next herceptin IV, only to have it withheld because of my lung issues, God was still taking care of me.
Monday I had the usual Vitamin C IV followed by ALA and B vitamin infusions, all of which usually leave me feeling at best whoozy and at worst even worse. But on the one day that I had to go alone to the clinic for treatments, I noticed that I was feeling just fine.
"Why am I not feeling bad?" I wondered. I couldn't figure it out except that God saw me needing to drive 15 minutes to the imaging center after all my IVs, and then 45 minutes back home to Gospel Center by myself, and He helped made sure I felt just fine.
I found this tablet I think sent by Tasbah Lavery which said, "The Lord will personally go ahead of you; He will be with you."
And He did this last week in a special way.
I didn't do much driving around by myself. I kept busy editing projects and getting stacks of Christmas cards and newsletters ready for mailing. But since the Arizona State Capitol Museum was only a few miles away, I decided to visit it Wednesday.
I enjoyed the flock of pigeons flying around the dome as much as anything!
Can you see the lineup of pigeons over the pillars?
Inside at the welcome desk, the lady asked where I was from, and my story came tumbling out. She told me her mother died of cancer, and her brother Steve is fighting cancer. His birthday is tomorrow, she said, and she ought to call him.
I told her I would pray for her brother.
Sharing my story (in a friendly and not mopey way) opens doors instantly; people reach out to share their own pain; and we understand each other.
Prayer is appreciated.
Back home I made salmon patties for supper and packed the leftovers into my little travel cooler to eat the next day on my way home in South Dakota.
The doctor had ordered an echocardiogram to check my heart function to see whether or not my heart has been damaged by herceptin, possibly causing the lung issues.
Long story short, the results were sent almost immediately to my Arizona Doctor, and my heart function is just fine!
God took care of my heart.
Even though I am having lung issues, (the X-rays taken Monday show they are hyper-inflated, like with COPD or emphysema almost) God took care of my heart.
I think of other ways God takes care of my heart.
He cheers me over and over with photos and news from my children,
such as my daughters Rose and Carrie who got together with another girl to finish more baby quilts for Lifeline Gifts.
I love photos of their projects.
Then a sister-in-law sends photos of the cabin the family is building for my mother. Her property is under contract to be sold, and she is packing to move right next to my brother Fain's family. I haven't seen my mom for nearly a year, not since my dad's memorial service. I miss seeing her, but photos help.
Photos of Jonathan and Danny working for SIM (on the previous post) cheer me, because I know the men are finally doing what we came to South Dakota to do.
And even though I didn't get to go with the family to the Black Hills for Christmas trees, I enjoy the photos.
This one was nearly perfect!
Danny tried to give himself a haircut, with a mirror, while Hannah put the tree topper on!
And the guys finally got "Big Boy" up on the wall above the stairs to the basement. I'm glad I wasn't there to watch this stunt on plank and ladder!
Happy men!
And then the man in the red plaid shirt arrived at the Sioux Falls Airport to pick me up yesterday!
God uses Jonathan to help take really good care of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment