Monday, December 18, 2023

Glimpses from the Windows at Christmastime

This was one of my favorite glimpses out a window this Christmas season! Looking up out of the window in the church basement yesterday, I saw these three hats stuck up on a post out where church children were playing outdoors--yes, in December!

The weather was sunny and dry and not terribly cold. 

 

Each child at church that morning received a brand new hand-knitted hat, made with love by someone the pastor's wife knew.  But apparently the children weren't used to playing while wearing hats, soo--three of the hats ended up on posts!

 

I love looking out the southwest windows of the house in the morning.

For some reason, our goats like to start grazing over there first thing in the morning, moving on around the property throughout the day.  

Heidi, the brown goat, must get inside the patch of plum bushes to search for December edibles.


From the same window today, through his scope, Danny got a closeup of a sharp-tailed grouse perched on a high branch of a tree in our draw.  

Somebody else perched up high--putting up gutters--another scene out my mudroom window today.

This picture was taken from near a door in our basement rather than a window, but I got the bright idea to set up my vibraharp and practice a song for Sunday's Christmas Eve program this coming week. The pastor's wife had asked our family to  have several songs.  Amazingly, all the parts for the vibraharp were intact, and I showed Hannah how I set it up. Then she actually decided to try to play it, too, so we are going to do a sort of medley and duet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...