Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happiness in Her Voice

I feel so blessed tonight, this mother who seemed to have children in line waiting to call me! 
Sam wanted to just call and chat, but he wanted to run by me the idea of traveling to Zambia, Africa, this spring, with a medical mission team. Unless a door opens to someway go to Ukraine on a mission or aid trip.
I am as happy with that as if he got some big promotion at work.

And Crystal had tried to call while I was occupied, so I called her back.Happiness was in her voice. She had just attended a service held in the home of one of the families of her church, where the video on a big screen was shown of the Petersons in Africa. She, too, was dreaming of serving once again in Africa someday, remembering how Glenn Gault had told her if she ever wanted to come to Africa, there were opportunities there. I heard the excitement in her voice, an excitement I hadn't heard in a long, long time. 
I think she needs to be a missionary. That's what she really wants.
And then she remembered to tell me that Rose had called her last night. 
"She asked me to be a bridesmaid!" Crystal said. 
She was so happy!
And I was glad for her happiness.
Rose wants teal and brown for western wedding colors, and I found these pearly brown bows on clearance after Christmas, for decorating something at the wedding. Rose wants a simple but beautiful wedding. And clearance items are fine with her!
This same evening, our Danny had talked with Keith Lavery about what age a young man could join the volunteer firemen, etc. 
That makes me happy, too. 
He's the son that is working hard to finish details in our house, build special things, and organize our garage, as well as start paying work tomorrow--helping neighboring ranchers. 
I can't believe this is happening to me--this much joy, this much happiness, this much fulfillment as I watch my children grow, stretch, mature, and reach for new things in God's will.  
I am in awe at the happiness God allowed in my life tonight, and the happiness in the voice of my children as they call to talk.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had some rather special "parental paydays". They are long in coming, but all the sweeter for it.

    ReplyDelete

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...