Saturday, July 6, 2024

Cheerful July 4th

 

This has been a busy, happy week.

I had just discovered in the basement a bin of July 4th decor that I didn't even know I had.
 Monday Crystal and Hannah had a blast going through it and decorating our place for July 4th, even if it was almost July 4th already.
How pretty everything looked! The girls worked together, eyeing everything and making sure colors and textures matched or contrasted artistically.  
I love to work with words, but when it comes to colors, art, matching, and so on, I just about throw up my hands. 
My girls are so much better than I am with that.  
They made our place look so pretty! 

Just in time for a huge surprise the evening of July 4th!
Our family went to have supper with some friends, and then came home, quite unsuspecting. I was walking into the kitchen with things in my hands, when I realized strangers were sitting piously on the couch!
It was Rose, Tom, and Tom's sister! They had traveled up and somehow kept it secret all this time!
We ladies had been discussing the possibilities of someone surprising us, but it just didn't seem that it would happen.  Rose had a photo of her bees swarming that day and said that was her July 4th project. (It was, but she rehomed the responsibility to Sam!)
Crystal and Hannah had made several yummy pizzas for supper which we took to supper. 
And Crystal also made this layered dessert, including the glass made special for me with a Swerve brownie recipe made with almond flour, stevia, and all acceptable ingredients for me, including organic whipped cream and blueberries.
Here are the layers showing, while Hannah shreds cheese for pizzas. 
Just little patriotic touches on our table. 
July 4th morning our guys actually got to stay home. They jacked up the wood stove as you can see, and tiled underneath it.  
They also grouted the tile they'd laid this week in the mudroom. I'm grateful for every step taken toward getting our house finished.
Wildflowers grace our table. 
And God's colors graced the sky on the eve of July 4th--when a shower came just before sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...