Saturday, July 27, 2024

Carried Into Church--and Carried by Prayer

  Saturday evening, with no warning, my right foot suddenly began paining me. Before long, it was hurting so badly that I could not put weight on it except on the heel or side. By end of evening, I was having to roll around the house in the wheeled office chair!
Jonathan carried me to the bathroom and I managed to hobble to bed.
The next morning I was determined to go to church, especially since Darlene from All for Jesus Ministries was going to be sharing music. Jonathan carried me into Lakota Chapel.
I hobbled all day, including into church Sunday evening. But after the Sunday evening meal, Jonathan carried me from the community room to the van. Hannah got this photo, with the setting sun accidentally behind us. 
It's nice I only weigh between 94 and 96 pounds so Jonathan can still carry me. 
(Shh! He was panting, though!) 
I did some research on gout pain, because I suspected I was having a gout-like attack like the one a few years ago that had me rolling around the house in Colorado for days, my feet in so much pain I could not bear to wear shoes or have a blanket on them at night. 
This episode this week came on promptly after eating a nice big serving of beets fresh from our garden and a friend's garden, which is why I suspected gout. Beets are very high in oxalate, and I've been eating a lot of oxalate-rich foods and supplements in this cancer diet. 
Also taking way too much Vitamin A in the last couple weeks I decided, after reading that Vitamin A can cause an imbalance of uric acid.
My doctor had told me I should take Vitamin A, but I didn't think to ask how much, and started taking lots. 
 
I read that drinking soda water can help alkalinize a person quickly and help settle a gout attack, so I drank some water with 1/2 teaspoon soda in it, and soaked my feet in soda water. Then I soaked in epsom salts and took extra magnesium, since magnesium can help balance uric acid levels. 

But I didn't know for sure if it was uric acid issues or not. The pain was in the middle of my foot, not near my toes as it had been last time. Still, I treated it as gout and ate a no-oxalate breakfast Sunday--eggs.
Our SIM pastor, Marc Sankey, on his way to the burial of his father Leonard Sankey, called and prayed with us over the phone. I hadn't even known Jonathan had posted something on Facebook, but I appreciated the extra prayers.
Actually, in this whole cancer fight, to be honest, I have felt carried.
Carried by prayer and love of others.
Carried in the arms of the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...