This.
Rose sent this the other day.
Today Crystal was supposed to leave at six in the morning to take a van load of Amish to Iowa and then on to Wisconsin. Jonathan woke up at 4:30 to hear rain, and he knew the van might not make it up the driveway if it's too muddy. So he got up and drove the van up to the top of the drive where Crystal could later bring the all-wheel-drive Honda--and then sat there in the pouring rain--until I woke up and couldn't find him anywhere in the house.
"Where are you?" I texted, wondering if an emergency had taken him somewhere.
I dressed, too, and drove the Honda up to get him, and we got back in bed, but not back into much sleep. Crystal left in the Honda sometime after 6, transferring her stuff to the van, and went on her way--all the way to Winner, SD, where the van suddenly started misfiring. When she stopped to buy something to coax the fuses to work better, per a mechanic's instructions, the van would hardly even start.
She parked and--long story short, got a ride to Mitchell where she rented a 15-passenger van to bring back to pick up the Amish passengers. It will be a late night for her tonight, driving to Iowa through rain and wind with an extra tall van blowing in the wind.
But we are just glad the van broke down in Winner, where Jonathan and Danny were working today, and where she could limp over to the SIM church and spend a while visiting with Judy Sherman while waiting for her ride.
God was in control.
God was in control.
Two days ago I was supposed to have surgery--but it was cancelled and postponed. It's a good thing, because last week I was sick with a terrible sore throat, and the bug keeps trying to settle in my lungs. I'm just glad I'm not going into surgery right now--and I doubt the doctor would have proceeded anyway with me still not completely well.
So although I am not in control, God is.
(and that puppy picture is a couple months ago--before God providentially helped us to sell the last puppy on our way down to Colorado for Rose's baby shower). Because even when we wait and wait to sell puppies, God is still in control.
And He is still in control even when the price of meat sails right through the roof like a rocket to the moon. Rose sent this photo yesterday. Steaks were almost $15 a pound on sale, so this package was $87.20 after being marked down significantly.
Prices are out of control, but God is still in control
Hannah planted these flowers in the wooden well Danny built, only to have a big rainstorm come up this evening. We had to bring the flowers in, but we are grateful for the rain. God is in control of that, too. Jonathan's allergies aren't so miserable after it rains.
So we may as well relax, since, when it is obvious we are not in control,
God is.
No comments:
Post a Comment