Today my nephew Ezra sent this photo of my two youngest boys working on the roof in Mexico.
Back here in South Dakota, I have no greater joy than to see scenes like this.
It makes all those long years of raising children worthwhile.
All the worn-out years of homeschooling and Bible training and modeling ministry-mindedness and persevering through all the ups and downs.
All the recent years of letting go of my children, watching the upheaval of our Colorado nest and the fledglings having to fly and find nests of their own.
Watching them accept opportunities to help on mission trips to Mexico, Bible trips to Africa, medical team trips to Zambia,
and many trips to South Dakota to help their parents struggling through heat and frost, cancer and chiggers, rattlesnakes and riff-raff
to carve out a home and construct Building Hope Enterprise at a mission on reservations there.
Above, Danny is working with two Lakota men on a pole barn for a rancher.
I watch Crystal giving piano lessons to a little boy whose physical heart is struggling,
and I listen to her practicing prelude music for our church and children's choruses for the VBS coming up in a week and a half.
I've also had a blast making song visuals for the VBS at fellow mission workers' church based on the theme "Stay Away from Sin's Trap."
Unable to think of a children's chorus on that theme, I wrote a song myself to the tune of "Fishers of Men."
Here are the two verses.
"Whisper a Prayer" is a song to remind the kids to pray for God's help to keep from sin's trap.
(and I need that reminder, too.)
This is a song that may have been burned in the fire at St. Francis several years ago and was never replaced. All the song visuals were lost in that fire and still haven't all been replaced.
I love children's choruses. They are good for adults, too!I have no greater joy than to work for my Jesus, and to see my children working for Him, too,
and bringing more children into the world to love and serve Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment