On Saturday, Dorcas and Ben's family and our family went to see Grandma and pa Morley's home, as we'd never seen it yet. Then our family also went to see the house Chris has so beautifully remodeled for Kezia as well. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures. I would have loved to at least have taken a picture of the outside of their home, with all the pretty wooden barrels overflowing with flowers. That's what impressed me the most. You don't have to have a large or gorgeous house to make it beautiful outside with flowers, and beautiful inside with love. The main thing is for a home to have love, and that sometimes does show through the beauty of the way it is built and the work put into making it beautiful with flowers. May God bless all such homes, whether humble and lowly or large and beautiful, where Christ is first, and love abides.Jonathan and Grandpa are visiting above, while Samuel Morley is up a tree by the house. The children had fun climbing up into the old haymow as well.
I had to get this photo of the little boy inside of Chris! He accompanied the two Samuels up that tree.
The three sisters there at the time--Anna, Kezia, and Dorcas--with our mom and dad--and babies, of course. I always did think my sisters were beautiful. But you don't have to have a lot of beauty to get married--I proved that! And you don't have to be gorgeous to have cute babies. I also proved that! Ha ha! You just have to have a handsome hubby! Ha ha! In all seriousness we are very blessed and have so much to be thankful for...
like for your handsome hubbies! And ones, who, on top of looking half decent, also treat us nicely. We are very happy and blessed wives. We don't look a bit unhappy, do we? Not even after having seven or nine children--except Kezia, who hasn't started yet.
Jonathan and I were both very grateful to my brother Gabriel's wife Elizabeth for giving some of her time to give us some foot treatments. She has taken training in foot reflexology and has been licensed to be able to help a lot of people with various ailments from MS to epilepsy. Jonathan was having a terrible problem with his eye burning, as he's had in the past sometimes when he's under a lot of stress. Driving in bright sunlight really aggravates it. Elizabeth worked on the nerve endings on his feet, and he felt it really helped his eye problem. She also worked on my feet, and for someone who doesn't understand the nerve endings and blood vessel systems, it might sound funny, but my sore throat had disappeared by the time she was done working on my feet. I felt the two treatments also helped my hurting shoulders. She said she can stop a seizure by working on the pinpoint area for the pituitary gland on the big toe. A young Amish woman has been coming to her for treatments because she was having 10 to 20 seizures a month, and they were ruining her life. Now, after Elizabeth has been working with her, she only has one or two seizures a month, has a boyfriend, and is so happy that she can live again. I wish I could learn more about this simple method of helping a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment