Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Graduation Gifts for Crystal

Crystal was blessed with a number of sweet and generous graduation gifts and cards, including gifts toward her trip to Africa. We kept them to open till Sunday evening, so we could all have time to sit down and watch her open them and enjoy together. Below, she is looking at the nice cookbook and beautiful card from Dennis and Linda Lee Goodwin, our former fill-in pastor.

 Now the girls are admiring the homemade cards given her by Emily Albertson. Emily takes beautiful photographs and makes greeting cards with them. These cards will make lovely "Thank You" cards for Crystal's graduation thank you's!
 And I wanted to be sure to post a picture of this just for my mom, Crystal's Grandma Morley. My mom had a tradition of giving each of us nine children a Strong's Concordance of the Bible for our high school graduation. I remember how I appreciated mine. I knew my parents did not have much money, but my mom invested in something that would last. I knew that it was a token of what my parents valued most--God's Word.  I still have my well-worn copy. This is a tradition that I felt well worth keeping down through the generations. So that is what Jonathan and I gave Crystal--a Strong's Bible Concordance--as a token of what we pray that she will always value most. 
May God's Word always be a priority in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...