Monday, December 15, 2014

The Heart Behind This Blog

*I sit here with tears blurring my eyes, because I want to explain that writing this blog is more of something therapeutic for me than something I just write for others. When I sit down and choose pictures and write, it is very often from a heart that has ached and has found help and answers, or is searching for them, and it seems that by writing I sometimes find my way. 
 If anyone who reads the words in this blog finds it offensive, you are most welcome to not waste your time. This blog is not for you.  
It is for family back east who are thousands of miles away,
and for anyone who relates to similar struggles and joys.
It is just the heart throb of a very imperfect wife and mom and human being.
Today's post about contentment, is about something I faced today.
But when I sat down to write, and began to choose pictures, that was when it became clear to me that what I had faced was the enemy twisting something God wanted to come across straight.
And so, as I try to put into words and pictures what I feel God taught me,
uploading pictures while I sew buttons on something I've sewed for Christmas,
it is to remind and comfort myself as much as to share with others. 
So I write, and so--if you choose--you may read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...